Innovative Dash Cams For Motorcyclists
Motorcycle dash cameras are an essential, much needed investment for many riders. Our premium fit and forget motorcycle cameras are not only high quality but great value. Once fitted to your motorcycle you can protect yourself, capture moments and share life. Every single item you need comes in the package and comes ready to play. The install is simple and easy, just fit and forget!
Motorcycle accidents unfortunately happen frequently and carry a higher risk of injury and damage.
Dash camera evidence is critical if an accident does occur, as they can be used to prevent an argument and disagreement with the other party and insurance company. A dash camera supplies a clear and accurate view of who was at fault that can be utilised in your insurance claim.
Motorcycle riders also widely use dash cams to track and review routes and share interesting footage via social media and the bike community. It can also be an invaluable educational tool for beginner riders learning how to keep safe on the road.
Dual Motorcycle Cameras
Dual motorcycle cameras are the best choice to provide full coverage and visibility. A dual-channel dashcam includes a front-facing camera and a rear-facing camera, simultaneously recording. Most motorcycle riders prefer a dual camera as a lot of incidents can come from rear-end type accidents. We are also developing our first motorcycle helmet camera, scheduled for release later in 2022.
Our stylish K3 dual camera is built with has both a front and rear 1080p full HD camera and is packed with an array of versatile features to meet the demands of motorsport. We have also included an external microphone, mobile app and smart remote control to view live video and download your trip.
Our K5 dash cam is packed with versatile features, this dashcam is designed for those that demand more. This is the world’s first fitted 4K Ultra-HD & 1080P full HD recording camera solution for bikes. It is stylish and IP67 waterproof, it comes with loop recording, dual-band Wi-Fi, smart remote control, and a full-featured INNOVV App. It also has an external microphone and MAX 512 GB card and is packed with an industry-leading 5Hz GPS receiver.
Must-Haves on a Motorcycle Dashcam
There are several must-haves and features that are very important for a motorcycle dashcam system. Designing a fitted camera for a bike is much more challenging than a dashcam for a car. It needs to be more durable and able to deal with a tougher environment and deal with any weather, and under extreme conditions, both hot and cold, and wet and dry:
- Video Quality Full 1080HD resolution means good video quality and the best chance of capturing the number plate.
- Steady Power Supply The dashcam connects to a switched power source from your motorcycle. A professional hardwire kit protects the camera and manages the power supply so you can fit and forget! It is always recording!
- Auto start/stop by connecting to a switched power source from your motorcycle, once the ignition key is on/off, the dashcam will start/stop recording.
- Loop Recording This is a must-have feature, you do not have to worry about the SD card getting full. There is no limit on how many hours/days/ridings, you are always covered and can find the last recordings.
- Date and time stamp It is so important for any insurance claim that the date and time are embedded within the video, this ensures an accurate record of the event, another key point is being able to embed your registration on the video.
- G Sensor Monitor This ensures that any video of an incident, accident, or hard break is locked down and will not be overwritten by the camera.
- GPS Combines video evidence along with a mapping record of your journey using Google Maps.
- Safe Parking Mode Protect your bike when parked up. The DVR along with the smart supply will allow the G sensor to identify if your bike is knocked or moved, it will then record for 10 seconds to hopefully give you some evidence of the incident.
- Solid and reliable build This is a must as riding a motorcycle involves many different challenges, types of roads, and exposure to varying weather conditions.
A dashcam or dashboard camera is a hardwired motorcycle camera that is designed to fit and forget. With auto/on off and continuously loop records. They are your silent witness and provide video evidence in the event of any incident or accident as well as capturing a riding experience.
Dash cams can be installed in various places on your motorcycles front and rear. It should be positioned where it can capture the best view of the road, and safely, not obstructing the drivers view in any way. It should also only be connected to a switched power source, so it only has power when the vehicle is turned on.
Dual motorcycle cameras include both front and rear cameras.
Motorcycle dash cams can record front and back and offers the most coverage - these are called dual cameras and have a front and rear facing camera.
Single 1 channel dash cams use only a front facing camera in front of the motorcycle. 2 channel, also referred to as dual-channel systems offer front and rear recording, so are widely viewed as a better choice.